Originally Posted by ThrottleJunkie
Ok...enough of the RS4/M3 comparisons. The RS4 isn't the competition. If anyone has been keeping up on Audi news, they are going to release the RS5, based on the A5 coupe platform. THIS thing, will give the M3 some headaches.
- 4.2L Twin Turbo V8 putting out 450 horsepower and AT LEAST 500 ft/lbs of TQ
- front axle moved up 120 mm to allow the engine to be mounted further back thus reducing the horrible oversteer it had.
- 55:45 front-rear weight balance
- rear-biased Quattro system
- modified magnetic ride dampers lifted off of the TT
- carbon ceramic brakes lifted off the R8
Only rumored performance times are the 0-60 which is rated at "sub 4.5 seconds"
All this for an MSRP of $53,000. Possible M3 killer?
True on paper it may seem better but we'll have to wait and see next year when the numbers come in. Price will not be 53k.......I paid that back in 2004 for an S4! Try at least 75k and probably closer to 80k..