06-23-2011, 12:14 AM   #59
Seattle S65B40
Major

Drives: 2008 e92 M3

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TX View Post
good god that makes me worried. You saying you're not allowed to run these cars to 8K or it will void your warranty? Give me a break. These cars were built to be driven hard. Even tracked once in a while, I cant see a subframe failing. What the heck did you do? I drive mine and dump the clutch into 2nd maybe once a month. Guess I'll stop doing that. I cant face 9K in damages.
I would not let them get away with putting that back on you unless of course you were out catching 2 feet of air with the car off jumps.
-X.
Of course this car is meant to be driven hard and you should not be denied warranty coverage for driving the car within the expected range of its capabilities.

If a dealership summarily denies warranty service, even after a visit "from BMW," they still face the threat of litigation. At some point they will have to say "OK, we can swallow the $9K and dispose of this, or we could give the lawyers $X and dispose of this."

The odds are in your favor that they will go with the former. That's why if you write a legal minded and firm letter to them as I posted previously in this thread, you can move things forward more assertively and in most cases, have them accommodate your request. If that doesn't work, you actually sue them and include that letter in evidence.

NOW, if you're not telling the truth, as some have suggested, AND you have modified your car in some material way, then they can probably deny coverage and will litigate that case against you IMO.

Club 6MT
2008 E92 M3 6MT, AW/Blk Ext., brushed aluminum
2006 E46 M3 ZCP 6MT Carbon blk/blk(sold)
2001 E46 325Xi 5MT Jet Blk/Blk (sold)

Last edited by Seattle S65B40; 06-23-2011 at 12:33 AM.
Seattle S65B40 is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0