View Single Post
      05-20-2007, 02:29 AM   #25
Badmaash
Second Lieutenant

Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max_! View Post
It would have to be 'strive' because I know I can't sleep an entire night on my right side.
To you that may seem crazy - but the prophet shows you the way that is better for you. Sleeping on your right side has health benefits.

Sleeping on the right side is the correct position as the left lung is smaller than the right one and the pressure on the heart would therefore be less, the liver would not be suspended, and the stomach would be on it and so emptying its contents would be quicker.
Sleeping on the right side is one of the best medical interventions to facilitate the excretion of the mucous secretions of the left respiratory bronchioles.

Quote:
Did Muhammed wait until girls where a certain age before making them his wife?
You are talking about Fatima, as always is under attack. The marriage was not consumated until she was of age. All that really needs to be said there. There is more to the story, but its long.

Quote:
all you have is a book written by some people
No human has written the Quran, it was revealed to the prophet word for word. A book like it can never, and will never be recreated as garanteed by the Quran.

Quote:
and also some other people telling you how to interpret what's written.
I try to go by the way of the prophet best I can - and scholars who devoted thier lives in studying the Quran.

Quote:
If you read the Quran withough professional 'guidance', you may end up coming to wildly different conclusions. Conclusions like Allah wants you to slaughter all christians.
And that is true, you can twist and bend it to fit your agenda if thats what you want. but you will be off of the truthful path.