boku no namae ha...
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2006 BS 330i

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWE90 View Post
The thing with this is that even your friends' sisters, cousins, etc. dont want to be set up. Whether they've assimilated or not doesnt matter. They dont want anyone to dictate their lives but they have no choice because it's either arranged marriages or death.

This means that while the older generation still believes that arranged marriages are okay, the new generation want to choose their own paths. IMO it's ridiculous how some cultures are like that. Im not saying my (or our) culture is the best (ethnocentrism doesnt exist with me) but I believe that everyone is entitled to making their own decisions.
well that goes back to the ingroup and outgroup bias... western civilization bases around individualism whereas eastern civilizations bases around community... one person's actions translates to the reputation of a community.

we dont understand their culture and yet we judge them... western civilization isnt so different... it is still a facade for many things wrong.

& to the argument that if god created man, god should be the one to punish man... i gotta laugh at that... im thinking prisons, court, death sentences--that is not god's work, that is man's work...goin dummy.

"Akimbo shotguns. Broken wrists anyone? And don't give me that 'it's just a game' bull****. Where the **** are my akimbo interventions then?! One scope on each eye mother****er!!"