Thread: GT3 RS 4.0
View Single Post
      06-11-2011, 02:07 PM   #9
BMRLVR
Grease Monkey

Drives: 2011 E90 M3,1994 Euro E36 M3/4

Quote:
Originally Posted by shift@red View Post
I know what you mean, Im well aware of the tq curves...but as you can see even at low rpms the GT3 is making more tq than the m3 at low revs and makes almost as much at low rpms as the m3 does at peak. Once you get into the area where the vario cam and vario cam plus kick in, the GT3s tq is killer for an NA car, thats where you see it ramp up and stay remain very strong during the point where youre going to be using it most of the time on a track. The GT3 puts down more tq at any point in the rev range and holds the tq longer as well, being that the final tip for the GT3 is ~7300 while the M3s tq takes it final dip at ~6300, so the GT3 keeps producing all that tq for another 1000 rpms. Few cars have top ends like P cars do and as good a top end the M cars have, they dont touch P cars.
And thats the power/tq curve from a 997.1 GT3, the 997.2 is only that much stronger, and the GT3 RS 4.0 is stronger again.
Agreed!

I was just trying to point out that porsche went for all out performance from the GT3 but M obviously compromised when building the S65 so they could get a nice flat torque curve at the expense of maximum output....... The S65 could have made more output with some wilder cams and a bit higher compression but I think M accomplished what they set out to do when building it.

Like was mentioned a few posts above, the M3 is not even in the same league as the GT3....... that is why my next car is going to be one!