View Single Post
      06-07-2011, 07:25 PM   #54
OldArmy
Lieutenant

Drives: 2007 Z4 3.0si

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11Series View Post
I'm trashing McCain because he's a war hawk with a short temper who has been prone to advocate starting new wars, the latest of which has been his recent advocating the forceful removal of Syria's leader (Assad). My post was made in response to specific comments made by McCain. Piled on top of his previous advocating for a war against Iran starting with bombing them, that would put us in 5 wars, with no hope of withdrawing from Iraq in the next 100 years.

I consider that irresponsible and bad for our nation.

Obama on the other hand isn't talking about starting 2 more fronts on top the the 3 we already have. And he's preparing to responsibly exit one front that McCain says he would stay in for 100 years (Iraq). Are you trying to say that Obama is the bad guy because he is finishing off the 2 wars that Bush started? Because he got Bin Laden where Bush failed?

I consider that responsible and good for our nation.

Or are you somehow blaming Obama for starting those wars? Because my point was that even though Obama started 1 more war, McCain's rhetoric points to us being in THREE new wars if he were in charge.

Perhaps you just don't understand the mathematics of 5>3 and 3>1. And that closing the Iraqi front is one less war than staying in Iraq for 100 years.
You know, I just realized something. I can't remember a quote from McCain that advocates removing Assad through use of U.S. military force. Matter of fact I believe he's generally been supportive of the president's handling of this. Since your argument is predicated on McCain advocating removal through use of American military power it might be nice if you could quote him.
OldArmy is offline   United_States