View Single Post
      06-04-2011, 10:23 AM   #62
scottwww
Brigadier General

Drives: 07 BMW 335i Cpe, 05 Mazda RX8

Send a message via MSN to scottwww
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11Series View Post
Are you f**king kidding me? You seriously don't know the answers to these questions? Both of these are complete no-brainers. Do you even understand the legal status of dual-citzenship according to US law? A few seconds on the US immigration website spells it all out very clearly.

Your credibility just keeps going down and down with every post.
I asked the question because I was asking for an answer. I have not done any reading on what statutes were in effect in regard to the age of the US citizen birth mother when a baby is born on foreign soil with a foreign father who is of age to confer citizenship. Without reading, there can be little doubt the father's citizenship would devolve to the child. The question was whether the young mother's citizenship would also apply to confer dual citizenship status on the child.

So, no... I am not kidding you. I don't know the answer to that question. I have not read up on all the changes in statute and case law for those kind of citizenship questions to know what was in effect at the time of Obama's birth. This was why I asked. If I don't know, I can ask here as it is part of where the dialog in this thread has gone on this page. Certainly I could look it up, but if I ask, and someone already has done the reading and has a good link or quote for the answer, then it is a good question to ask.

Your reaction to a simple question is overblown. It is rude. It is not how a conversation should unfold. Your reaction is one of picking a fight rather than having a dialog.

My credibility is not the issue. Obama's credibility is.
scottwww is offline   United_States