View Single Post
      06-01-2011, 11:28 PM   #9
KGB7
Crazy Russian Bastard

Drives: 01 740i sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackRat View Post
Simply bad data as you would expect from a chassis dyno. That's why car makers use engine dynos and steady state testing in accordance with SAE test standards. Chassis dyno data isn't worth the paper it is printed on.

Those who understand how an engine functions and airflow vs. engine speed, would know immediately that the dyno data is bad data. If you don't understand how an engine functions, then yes I can see where you could be duped by bogus dyno data or performance claims like 30% more airflow. As a trained professional, specifically in the area of advanced engine design and dyno development, I post technically accurate comments to help people better understand how an engine actually functions.

BTW, you misunderstand the bad dyno data. There was not a 13 WHP gain across the rpm band. You could have completely removed the air filter and not gained 13 WHP or even 13 HP anywhere in the operating band.

How about you provide accurate dyno data where many brands of after market filters were tested using only engine dyno.

Thanks.
KGB7 is offline   United_States