06-01-2011, 10:51 PM   #23
scottwww
Brigadier General
United_States

Drives: 07 BMW 335i Cpe, 05 Mazda RX8

Send a message via MSN to scottwww
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11Series View Post
Then you DON'T want the Paul Ryan budget that the Republicans just passed in the House. It would require 6 more votes to increase the debt ceiling over the next 10 years.

This whole thing is a joke, because the Republican's own budget far out-spends the current debt ceiling by trillions of dollars. That's why the Republicans were up all night calling their Wall Street buddies telling them not to put any weight on this vote, because it was all just smoke and mirrors. Too bad the international and small investors didn't get the message, so the stock market tanked today because of the House's game playing.

Sadly, you seem to actually BELIEVE the BS the Republicans are slinging. Do you actually believe the Republicans are going to hold the national debt at 14.3 trillion? Seriously??? I bet you thought Bush was going to be a fiscal conservative when you voted for him, who would cut the deficit instead of doubling it. When will you folks realize you are being lied to by the very folks who's legs you hump?
You assume far too much. I do not support the Republican budget. I support cutting the budget relentlessly. Thought I have not followed him closely at all, what I do understand of him, I would say that the votes I would advocate would be closest tor Ron Paul.

When George W. Bush was running for the Republican nomination, I supported Alan Keyes. He was my candidate, and I still like him very much.

After George W. Bush was nominated, and November came around, I voted for the lesser of two evils, which was GWB.

I did not like George W. Bush. I never considered him to be a fiscal conservative, or up to the difficult task of saying no to his own party's Congress. I did like some of his actions on issues of concern to Christians. I supported his approach to dealing with terrorism with the understanding that the threat was imminent and grave. That time has passed. The threat from terrorism is neither imminent, nor grave any longer. It is time to regain our liberty.