scottwww
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07 BMW 335i Cpe, 05 Mazda RX8

Send a message via MSN to scottwww
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotchAndCigar View Post
Good luck with all your research and archival quotations. You may want to keep in mind, that whatever conclusion you eventually reach on the definition of "natural born citizen", make sure it includes a US born citizen having an American mother and a British father, because you wouldn't want to be so moronic as to waste years of your life investigating this, just to exclude the very circumstance which resulted in an elected President!
No doubt. If I continue to pursue research, then that will be covered.

Of first importance is understanding the original intent of the words in the Constitution. This is not an impossible task to undertake.

2nd is to see what effect, if any, the 14th Amendment had on "natural born Citizen".

Then an appropriate discussion would be about whether statute can change the original intent of the Constitution or of any Amendment.

I think I know the answer to these, yet it needs to be supported with evidence. I am not in the legal profession. These concepts are not exclusively for lawyers. If the Constitution was not understandable by the many, then our government would have a hard time being exemplified in this statement::

"Government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the Earth."