05-30-2011, 06:11 AM   #30
NFS13
Car Junkie
United_States

Drives: 335is / R8

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by footie View Post
You are the first I have heard say that they think it's not good looking, sure certain element of the design mightn't appeal but generally overall everyone that's seen it like what they see. Coming from an X5M I can understand why you might feel the 3.0L with only 310hp was weedy but taken into context the car is still capable of reaching 100mph in a little over 13 seconds, this isn't exactly slow. As for it costing over $80K, fully loaded with equipment you would neither need nor know what to do with yeah it will cost this much but similarly specced with a CLS the difference won't be that vast.

I haven't seen the CLS in person so can only base my opinion on picture, from what I see I like it, certain elements are less appealing like the rear quarter on a side profile which in my opinion look excessively long and doesn't have the flow of the previous model. Apart from this minor misgiving I think it's wonderful looking car with a beautiful interior, something I can seldom say about a Merc interior.
The CLS looks like its had a big rear end shoved on it, the rear quarter is a horror show! And the A7 missed the mark with that sharp drop off of the rear, its a terrible profile.