05-29-2011, 11:47 PM   #14
mtla4
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: Turbo Festiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenkirby21 View Post
Hehe, I was planning on getting a Golf R, but not anymore.

My 128i is perfectly fine for me now, infact better IMO especially since I don't live anywhere near where I would need AWD.

The Golf R is being very de-contented. It has a detuned engine(due to fuel differences).

According to the vw forums, there will both a 3 and 5 door, only 6 speed manual, no LED tail lights, no blacked out headlights(i.e just standard GTI headlights), and a higher suspension then euro. There will only be two trim options, base, and everything. Base should be around 32/33k, the other one should come with keyless entry, dynaudio, sunroof, and nav for around 35/36k.

It will be a 2012 model, with the first batch coming in December !

Of course, this is from what I have read from other forums, so don't quote me teehee.

As for me, I will be awaiting the next 1/3 series hopefully : )!
Thank god no DSG..look at the MK5 it never sold who wants a DSG? As for ride height the N/A MK5 GTI were higher then the euro version. As for LED and keyless etc I don't care about them neither does Golf R buyers. Bmw owners might care vw don't. I just need a basic no sunroof 5 door R and I'm set. The engine is probably not that detuned and worst comes to worst a little ecu reprogram will solve it...it won't void warranty as most vw dealers are very mod friendly. For about 3K(in canada) more then a fully loaded GTI this car is a steal for what you get in bonus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severious View Post
Its because a lot of BMW owners are housewives or business professionals and know little about cars other than BMW's are a status symbol in their own circles so that have to have one. But exotic car owners know cars, that's why they are willing to spend for a killer car and they know something different when they see one.

Last edited by mtla4; 05-29-2011 at 11:57 PM.