Major General
No_Country
Rep

Drives: ????????????

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3_WC View Post
These are big heavy cars. In my opinion a car this size needs more power and especially torque. Just makes driving around town effortless.

A7 - 310hp/325tq
CLS550 - 402hp/443tq

The TTV8 also get good gas mileage, for its power output.

A7 - 18city/28highway
CLS550 - 16city/24highway

Seems like a no brainer to me. The Audi SCV6 is fantastic, I just think it is much better in a smaller car like the S4. These cars in this class are over 4200lbs.

Not talking about engine size, but rather output. Especially in big cars like these. The 414hp M3 has no relevance here.

In your original post it was all to with having a bigger v8. I wasn't disagreeing that the Merc would be quicker because of this engine, only that the capacity wasn't the underlinning factor but how it performs which is more important.

That said I don't agree that either of these cars need anything more than what the Audi 3.0TFSI is providing because 13.5 seconds to 100mph is still bloody fast by anyone's standards. One could almost say that more than this on a car weighing 4200lbs is overkill because by design they are meant to be luxury first and foremost with a hint of sportiness and not the other way round. After all neither of these two being discussed are the S/RS or AMG versions.

If I were to be completely honest I wouldn't pick either of these engines in these cars, much preferring to go for the 3.0 diesels in either of them because in my mind it delivery suits these cars better. Or better still if you crave a bit more go then the new 3.0TDI twinturbo in the A7 is the perfect choice, that engine is all about effortless power.