View Single Post
      05-25-2011, 07:01 PM   #61
scottwww
Brigadier General

Drives: 07 BMW 335i Cpe, 05 Mazda RX8

Send a message via MSN to scottwww
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotchAndCigar View Post
For someone who's sensitive to the tone of an argument, you sure know how to throw around the unjustified derogatory insults. You seem to be arguing with yourself; in other words, you're making assumptions and following premises that don't exist.
That you are satisfied you know the answer to life, the universe, and everything and the answer is "42" is in no way satisfying to anyone who doesn't see how you arrived at your conclusion, or who has disagreement with your process and the gaps in it. By discussion with people who are looking for solutions based on examination and evidence, maybe an concensus can be formed. Without that effort, the divide widens, rather than narrows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotchAndCigar View Post
Look at what I said, then compare that to what you said. I said, "as a child, Obama would not lose US citizenship, regardless of the series of events that occurred". I also said, "with full awareness of the citizenship status of Obama's parents, he was deemed eligible to hold the office of President". Now what exactly are you saying? Are you asking me to prove those two statements? The latter statement is self-evident. The first statement was made by several people knowledgeable on the subject, and has not been questioned by anyone I'm aware of. I am not about to become an unpaid legal counsel, therefore I will not be checking-up on the statement, as I have all the reason to believe it is correct, given that it's consistent with reality. If you have an opposing view, it would be incumbent upon you to provide evidence.
Where are my assumptions? I have offered questions and observations. There have been no answers with clarifying explanation from you or others.

"as a child, Obama would not lose US citizenship, regardless of the series of events that occurred"

This is your conclusion. You have offered no proof it is a true statement. I don't know it to be true or false.

"with full awareness of the citizenship status of Obama's parents, he was deemed eligible to hold the office of President"

I am aware that various government entities do not want to touch this. You can accept as gospel what these office holders decide, or you can look at them critically and with suspicion, or you can ask for clarity. Because there has not been a full discussion as was called for by many. But instead the conclusion is always to look the other way. This leads to more dissatisfaction.

Can you see that your providing conclusions without support do nothing to resolve anything?
scottwww is offline   United_States