View Single Post
      05-15-2007, 10:43 PM   #81
Major

Drives: E90 325i; F10 528i; 2002tii

Quote:
Originally Posted by imolazhp_ci View Post
i'm sorry about your mother, but you can't blame that on god. there are many things which can be attributed to the rise of cancerous cells in the body, most revolve around poor dietary habits and depression which diminish your immune system. other times its simply hereditary and nothing can be done. but remember, cancer is a relatively new thing. furthermore, i don't quite understand you underlined statement. please elaborate.
I see no basis to say that cancer is a “new thing”. It is increasing only because our life spans are increasing and cancer becomes more common in older populations. Which does not change that fact that is a bad way for good people to die.

My underlined statement means what it says. I see one of the evils of both Christianity and Islam being their lack of accountability for how one leads one’s life. Under these dogmas you can do whatever, too whoever, and as long as you repent/find Jesus/convert before you die then all is forgiven. I call . The “devil made me do it” doesn’t work either.

I am an atheist/agnostic/deist—define it as you will. I am responsible for how I lead my life, the good the bad and the ugly. And the bad and ugly don’t go away because I had a spiritual moment. Or a walk on the beach with Billy Graham before starting a political career.