05-20-2011, 01:08 PM   #1
ssabripo
HALA MADRID!
United_States
Rep
Drives: camels & donkeys

Send a message via AIM to ssabripo
Cool 2011.75 Interlagos Blue M-Individual Interior Euro Delivery Report Journal

After many months of planning, coordinating, and decision making, and with close coordination with both David Aviles and The good folks of BMW M-Individual GmbH, the delivery of my dream M3 sedan has been completed. Hope you guys enjoy this quick report

Planning stages
For over a year now, I've been mauling over the purchase of an M3 sedan, since having a family with 2 kids and a very demanding job have reduced the amount of time I can actually spend on the track, I decided that an e90 M3 sedan would be the best fit for my needs.

It provides:
  • 4 doors yet a very aggressive sporty look
  • M driving dynamics thru and thru
  • that S65 glorious engine
  • likelihood of not seeing a F3X sedan, at least any time soon

Once these requirements where analyzed, the next decision was the colors.... and no other color, IMHO, symbolizes the M dna more than interlagos blue, thus an easy choice for an exterior. I considered Monte Carlo blue very closely, but decided to invest the money in the interior instead. For over a decade, i've been fascinated by well done two-tone interiors in luxury sports coupes/saloons, and the blue two-tone on the e39 M5 was one for the ages.

Thus, I contacted M-individual GmbH, and thanks to the hard work and help of the likes of Christine Fleischer, David Aviles, and a few other folks, we started the process of deciding which interior combination would make the car have that unique touch. After several iterations, including some photoshop ideas, I settled on an interior that would be quite unique for a e90 M3 sedan.

Here with Christine Fleischer and Matt Russell:

The order was put thru late 2010, for a delivery in spring of 2011.

Arrival in Munich, M-individual

The planned trip started with a red-eye flight arrival to Munich on 5/11. From there, we went directly to the M facility in Munich, and visited with Christine, and looked around some of the goodies out there.

Name:  ssabripo1.jpg
Views: 24197
Size:  377.4 KB

No pictures where allowed in the premises, but I took this one without permission... Yes, I did see an M5, an M6 coupe and convertible, a Valencia M3 with a Valencia 1M side by side, and a few other goodies I cannot speak of

We had the pleasure of looking at some of the few goodies available thru M-individual, as well as looking at some of the limited edition cars such as the GTS M3 and the original e38 7-series M individual:

Name:  ssabripo3.jpg
Views: 24646
Size:  415.5 KB
Name:  ssabripo4.jpg
Views: 23717
Size:  397.2 KB

if it was only available here in the US...oh well

Name:  ssabripo5.jpg
Views: 23329
Size:  409.2 KB

After the tour, we went to our hotel, dropped off the luggage, and headed to enjoy our lone day in Munich...visits to the Marienplatz, Hofbrahaus, and a few good eateries around town! Next time you guys are there, you HAVE to try Hugo's italian lounge: amazing!

Name:  ssabripo6.jpg
Views: 23061
Size:  497.4 KB
Name:  ssabripo7.jpg
Views: 22613
Size:  433.1 KB
Name:  ssabripo8.jpg
Views: 21871
Size:  409.2 KB

Delivery at Welt Center, 5/12

the next morning, was time to get up, and go to the BMW Welt Center to take delivery of the beast. We arrived at 9:00am, and headed to the lounge to sign all the paperwork and wait for the M3 to be finally delivered.

the valencia orange 1M was beautiful and very aggressive:

Name:  ssabripo9.jpg
Views: 23607
Size:  507.3 KB

pictures don't do Hellrot Red justice...it is a STUNNING red color, and likely my next color for an M:

Name:  ssabripo10.jpg
Views: 23177
Size:  481.5 KB

the "long" wait for the car:

Name:  ssabripo11.jpg
Views: 31579
Size:  318.7 KB

FINALLY! She is here:

Name:  ssabripo12.jpg
Views: 23232
Size:  437.3 KB
Name:  ssabripo13.jpg
Views: 20870
Size:  455.2 KB

Proud new owner:

Name:  ssabripo14.jpg
Views: 20805
Size:  442.0 KB

first sit down....whoa!

Name:  ssabripo15.jpg
Views: 22085
Size:  411.9 KB

the M-individual two tone interior... fox red/black novillo with contrast stitching:

Name:  ssabripo16.jpg
Views: 22315
Size:  286.1 KB
Name:  ssabripo17.jpg
Views: 20530
Size:  287.8 KB
Name:  ssabripo18.jpg
Views: 22124
Size:  321.0 KB

the Man who delivered our car, Bernard Hausmaniger... not kidding!

Name:  ssabripo19.jpg
Views: 20129
Size:  368.8 KB

first drive, the victory lap around the welt center:

Name:  ssabripo20.jpg
Views: 19792
Size:  240.0 KB

well, there she was...finally got her, and it was all I expected and more. We put our luggage in the car, filled her up with Gas, and on we went to our 1st stop on the journey from Munich: The castles of Fussen!

Last edited by ssabripo; 06-03-2011 at 10:45 AM.