Thread: Ron Paul
View Single Post
      05-14-2011, 12:43 AM   #60
11Series

Drives: BMW turned up to 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottwww View Post
Though I would rather see Ron Paul run as a Libertarian, he is running as a Republican. Once he lost in his run for the nomination in 2008 he conceded that and ended his campaign. I would think he would do the same.

Assuming he doesn't carry the nomination (which is a near certainty) I will likely support the Constitution Party candidate or the Libertarian candidate, whomever that may be. I will not support a conventional Republican, and certainly not support any Democrat I have ever seen that could possibly run.

You likely consider it to be a wasted vote. I don't think so. My wasted votes were for George H.W. Bush in 1988 and 1992 and for George W. Bush in 2000 and 2004. My not wasted votes were for Jon Anderson in 1980, Ronald Reagan 1984, and Chuck Baldwin 2008. I don't remember if I voted in 1996. If I voted for Bob Dole, then that was also a wasted vote.

Nearly all of the Republicans are just big governement advocates. When they talk about cutting government, all I can believe of them is a token cut just to keep the "competition" going between the Democrats and the Republicans to pretend there is a real difference, and in fact continuing the "one-party" rule of tyranny.

I wondered where all the Republicans all went to who voted 97% lock-step behind their party candidate.