View Single Post
      05-14-2011, 12:40 AM   #179
Major General

Drives: Odysse

Originally Posted by 2000gsr View Post
Is it possible to change the oil just by driving up some ramps and leaving the rear wheels on the ground, i guess the only negative is that all the oil wouldn't come out. Is this correct?
I tried that today. You'll get most of the oil out and 90% comes out the back drain. But I decided to see what would happen if I jacked up the back end... more oil came out. Probably about 1/2 quart.

Anyone else get oil coming out of the top of the filter cap when you pulled it off? Kind of annoyed me since it spilled some oil. I also had a lot on the bottom of the filter housing and sucked it out. I took about 1/4 quart to replace it.

My drain plugs were a BITCH to get loose. I had to improvise. I'll get a proper secket next time.
Attached Images
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."