05-13-2011, 06:32 PM   #59
scottwww
Brigadier General
United_States

Drives: 07 BMW 335i Cpe, 05 Mazda RX8

Send a message via MSN to scottwww
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldArmy View Post
Congratulations to Ron. And his candidacy just about guarantees (with the 2-3% he'll get) that the dems keep the White House.

Democrats won't vote for him, independents won't vote for him and mainline republicans won't vote for him. But if he carries on to the general election (after losing the republican nomination) he'll draw off enough votes to throw the election to the democrats. Ross Perot all over again.
Though I would rather see Ron Paul run as a Libertarian, he is running as a Republican. Once he lost in his run for the nomination in 2008 he conceded that and ended his campaign. I would think he would do the same.

Assuming he doesn't carry the nomination (which is a near certainty) I will likely support the Constitution Party candidate or the Libertarian candidate, whomever that may be. I will not support a conventional Republican, and certainly not support any Democrat I have ever seen that could possibly run.

You likely consider it to be a wasted vote. I don't think so. My wasted votes were for George H.W. Bush in 1988 and 1992 and for George W. Bush in 2000 and 2004. My not wasted votes were for Jon Anderson in 1980, Ronald Reagan 1984, and Chuck Baldwin 2008. I don't remember if I voted in 1996. If I voted for Bob Dole, then that was also a wasted vote.

Nearly all of the Republicans are just big governement advocates. When they talk about cutting government, all I can believe of them is a token cut just to keep the "competition" going between the Democrats and the Republicans to pretend there is a real difference, and in fact continuing the "one-party" rule of tyranny.