ssabripo
HALA MADRID!
United_States
Rep

Drives: camels & donkeys

Send a message via AIM to ssabripo
Quote:
Originally Posted by alms211 View Post
What would it be obvious that it wasn't a Z06 a couple years back when the Z06 was introduced in 2006. Sorry, I'm calling bullshit here that you ever drove a C6 Vette.

A Corvette is almost twice as long as a Porsche? A Corvette is actually an eighth of an inch shorter. Once again, proof that you have no idea what you are talking about.

Porsche has far better name and prestige First off, I find them to have equal amounts of prestige and name recognition. You finally said something that was correct --- Porsche engineering is simply fantastic.

But the mere fact that you are so concerned about name recognition, prestige and the emblem on the hood just fully substantiates my orginal take on what you are looking for ----- image.

Also, you have a 335 now which is a fantastic car in it's own right for what it is. Then you go on to say (not directly) that performance, speed and perhaps tracking are not as important to you. If those things are important, why in the hell are you ordering an M3? I know why, because it has the M badge on it. That's what's most important to you. Sad, but true.

Lastly, I'm not mad bro. I just enjoy handing people like you a dose of reality from time to time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce.augenstein@comcast. View Post
It's perfectly fine to not like Vettes, and of course the current M3 may be the best compromise car ever built, by anyone, anywhere, any time...

...but this borders on light psychosis.

The current 911 is an inch longer than the GS Vette, and narrower by 1.4 inches - unless you go for one of the "special" models (Carrera 4, GTS, etc.), in which case it's a tiny bit wider than the Vette (three tenths of an inch).

The Z06 is a tiny bit longer than the 911 (six tenths of an inch), and fully three inches wider than a Carrera 4, etc.

Deep prejudice is just stupid, no matter the topic.

__________________________________________________ ____________
e90 M3, Interlagos Blue / M individual two-tone, ZCP, ZP2, ZCV, DCT, ED.

Last edited by ssabripo; 05-07-2011 at 10:57 AM.