View Single Post
      05-06-2011, 03:41 PM   #53
Bobble
Major

Drives: E90 335i/RIP E46 323Ci

So sorry to hear all this. My last dog had a degenerative spine condition, he was a rescue Greyhound.I had him for 13 years, he saw me thru my divorce, my oldest child going to Afghanistan with the military and my troubles with my younger son as a result of a split household. Needless to say he was my best buddy. I too could not bear it and let him get treatments and steriods etc.. I understand what others say in not letting it go too long as I did. We came home one night, my youngest son was in a outpatient rehab situation and found the dog on the floor paralyzed, he had lost his bowels and tired so hard to get up he rubbed his hind limbs bloody raw. It killed me inside to see him like that, I stayed up all night with him after I cleaned him up and took him in the morning to be put down. Hardest thing I've ever done. Still to this day, 3 years later, I wonder if I did the right thing or if I waited selfishly too long. I really do know what she means to you but please if you think she is suffering you need to consider it. It sucks and I hope she recovers and you guys have a long life together. I've since replaced his place in my house with some adopted cats from a rescue and things are good. Take care.