05-04-2011, 04:06 PM   #19
BMWCali
Expect the Unusual
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 X6M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlosso View Post
It's $1,300 and it's already included in the $74,247 even though it's not listed (which is odd because it should be). If you add up the individual prices except for the $500 trim and $2000 leather (which is included in other packages), it's exactly $1,300 short.

Probably depends on the dealer and the state you're in. The lease fee is around $725 (I just looked through my old email and I think that's what it is). There shouldn't be much more than that and DMV fees.

Unfortunately I can't help you at all on this piece. I'm not a lease or finance expert. I'm just a guy in the market for an M3 sedan through European Delivery who's enough of a nerd to find invoice prices and formulas to put in a spreadsheet.

My thought process was that if you contacted a dealer, filled out an application and were told "sorry dude, you don't qualify" you could then follow-up with, "OK, what if I put some money down to lower the cap cost?" If they said "nope, still not gonna happen," you could then come back with "OK, what if I pay for the lease in full, in advance?"

The way I would approach it would be to try and put down as little as possible. If they would accept something as low as $5,000 down but you volunteered to pay it all in full, you would never know there was the other option.

I'll email you the spreadsheet and instructions when I get home. My iPad is wifi only and there is no wifi here at work.
Sounds good! Really appreciate all of the help!! I'll look for the spreadsheet later to confirm my math. Then, after that, will take your advice and start reaching out to dealerships and see what they can do. I'm guessing though that it isn't up to the individual dealership, but up to BMW Financial if they will accept the lease, right? So perhaps I should just call them and ask? I'm just saying that I'm not sure it's a point which can be negotiated and probably is already outlined in black and white what they are either able to accept or not accept. So instead of throwing a ball back and forth with the dealers, it would be easier for me to ask BMW Financial (the leasing company)?

Thanks, again! Hope this works out. If I could get my M3 for an effective payment of under $300/month, I'd be as happy as a pig in a slop.
Appreciate 0