Originally Posted by fluidkaos
I have a few hazy pictures that need cleaning up. I'll have to give this a try.
Thanks. Just realized I forgot an important step.
1. Load image into PS.
2. Open new layer and change blend mode to Soft Light
3. Paint over blown out areas with black (Can also save under-exposed areas using white)
4. Adjust layer opacity to taste
5. Merge visible.
6. Duplicate layer
7. Apply High Pass filter set to 20 pixels.
8. Set Blend mode to Soft Light
9. Merge layers and flatten
10. Apply HDR toning to taste