Originally Posted by The1
so what was the process you used to get these results? play with curves a little and contrast?
Nope. I used the Photoshop ND filter method and then HDR'd it.
1. Load image into PS.
2. Open new layer and change blend mode to Soft Light
3. Paint over blown out areas with black (Can also save under-exposed areas using white)
4. Adjust layer opacity to taste
5. Merge visible.
6. Duplicate layer
7. Apply High Pass filter set to 20 pixels.
8. Merge layers and flatten
9. Apply HDR toning to taste