View Single Post
      04-26-2011, 10:33 AM   #133
phrogbubbaE92
Heavy Footed..
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 DCT E92 M3

I personally have the kit and am not impressed. in the HP department, I can feel a little difference in the 5-7k rpm range (i think a little mental HP is involved) and wish i would have done a baseline dyno before i installed and then after.

However, the most upsetting part of this is the fitment and the overall build quality. I have had the filter pop off many times and had to use duct tape to keep it secured (ill explain why I didnt just send it back). The filter will not secure with the clamp and the plastic warps once there is any pressure to keep the filter on. Also, the tube attachment on the side of the charge tube (I believe it is for the egr) broke off, and being that i was in a serious bind and HAD to use that intake (i threw away my old filter, and had no other vehicle, and had to be somewhere), I had to use epoxy to put it back on. Originally, it appears as if it was glued on from the factory and not a single unit, like most other intakes. After that, I knew i could not send it back and just dealt with the duct tape and epoxy. If i had to do it all again, I would have just purchased the drop in filter.

This was not meant to insult MS or their associates, this was my experience and if anyone has this intake, I would check their filters to make sure that they did not come off as well.. Thanks, and I hope that this helps.. I am considering just purchasing the drop in and doing a dyno. If i have the time, and patience, I will post up results. Thank you!

JP
Appreciate 0