United_States
Rep

Drives: 08 Evolution x gsr, 2007 328xi

Garage List
2007 BMW 328 xi  [0.00]
2008 Mitsubishi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prophizee View Post
It does look like an ordinary jap and thats not a bad thing but I don't think the wow factor of a GTR is any greater then when the G35 coupe came out in 03. Going to the LFA comparison I agree that might not be the best comparison, but that's the point the GTR has an identity problem.
I hate when people state opinions like these and have no grounded basis, it's just ignorant.

If I may, I've got an evo 10 and a 328xi (awd fanatic) and the evo gets so much more attention with merely a 1 inch drop. People on this forum always argue with me saying that their 3 series would get much more attention then my "Jap crap" and I'm just dumbfounded at the ignorance. My 3 series is just 1 of 800 that I see on a daily commute so it just blends in, so naturally when you see a clean evo 10 or gtr it turns heads. I had my window down at a stop light while in my evo one day and a young lady walking by goes, "Wow is that an Audi?" I laughed and said no it's actually a Mitsubishi lol.

That said, I can understand the allure and prestige that comes with owning say a BMW, Porsche, Maserati, over a Nissan or Mitsubishi there is a certain "it" factor that you feel sitting in a BMW, Porsche or other high end brand but at the end of the day... To each his own, I don't need the approval of others even though I get it just as much attention in my Japanese car.

Also, "NINE" I'm curious... Someone asked you what you drive and you never answered. What do you drive?
Cobb Ap Stage 2+map, Do-Luck duck bill trunk, Exedy twin disk clutch, AMS Small battery kit, Uic pipe, Defi boost gauge, ARC titanium shift knob, TeinMono Flex Coilover, Hallman Mbc, turbo back exhaust
Nikon D3100, Nikon 18-55 Flickr