I saw this posted on another forum and thought that you would like to see it for yourselves. Its the new Challenge GT3 front splitter with brake ducts for the E9X M3. This looks like a great alternative to the $4k+ BMW M3 GT4 piece, no?
Originally Posted by tom @ eas
Just wanted to snap a few quick pics of the new Challenge GT3 front splitter that arrived just in the time for our Project M3 before it gets installed - bound for MFest V tomorrow.
Splitter is fully constructed from a carbon/kevlar combination for optimal strength, while remaining featherweight.
- Full carbon construction
- Carbon Kevlar used in low areas for increased strength and wear resistance
- Balsa wood splitter core for light weight rigid construction
- Provisions for brake ducting
- 3D aero design for optimal air movement under the car
- full sealed front undertray, mounts to oem panels and wheel liners.
- Extraction duct for oem oil cooler
Pictured is the GT3 Carbon Front Lip Splitter and Undertray Spoiler. This was prepared in a matte carbon finish to match the carbon interior trim on our M3:
And a quick shot of the weight for both pieces:
Time to get the M3 up on the lift and get these pieces installed.