Originally Posted by 007MCoupe
Any updates on how your steaks were last night???
Forgot to update, they turned out great although I was not ready for the amount of smoke that would result... I had to leave the windows in my apt open for a good few hours lol
Originally Posted by san~man
I'd like to see his suggestion
As per my cousin:
1. Let the meat come to room temp and dry off all moisture. If you can even leave it in the fridge for few hours to air dry, even better.
2. Season with "love" (a good amount of salt & cracked pepper, coarse preferably) and put in a hot pan with healthy amount of oil - don't be shy with it. Don't touch/play with it, let it get a good sear on both sides.
3. After the second side is seared, throw in 2 tbsp of butter and some aromatics (thyme and garlic are good). When you throw in the butter & herbs, watch out since it'll pop.
4. Let the butter melt and foam up, take the foam and baste the steak a few times. After a minute on both sides, it should be a good medium rare by then...
5. If you want to bring up to medium, throw it in the oven at 400deg for 3-5 min. Keep basting it else the butter will burn.
6. Let it rest for a min and enjoy. if you have a cake tester, put it to the bottom of your lip, if it's a comfortable warm feeling then you're at medium.
I followed his directions to a T and it came out perfect, medium rare.