View Single Post
      04-19-2011, 06:07 PM   #13
ScaredOnce
Very Important

Drives: 335xi (e92)

Garage List
Cool

My boss is 3700mi away in London. She's cool as hell and I think we identify with each other. We both want to get ahead and this has been evident. We used to be mortal enemies - or so our mutual old boss (we don't have enough electrons to begin describing how much of a dick he was) wanted us to believe.

When I first started working for her, another coworker told her I was a "careerist" and just wanted to get ahead. When I was questioned, I said.. "Yes, partially. But, I want to be paid a lot too." Followed by, "How can you trust someone with this much responsibility that isn't even smart enough to look out for themselves?"

That was it. Solidified. I truly like working for her. I always jokingly ask how wide her office is and mention that I'm looking at some new leather couches. She appreciates that. I do too. She wants to get ahead, she knows I know how to, we make big waves and ppl notice.

She's demanding though... I often get calls on a random Friday/Sat night that go, "There's a BA flight in 4 hours from JFK, you have a seat. Check your email when your connection lands to be briefed. Bring 2 suits and a tux. See you in (insert random European/Asian city here). I jokingly call her M. lol So where's my Aston Martin???

There have been days that I land at LHR at 7:30am on the UA flight and I'm back outa LHR by 5pm. It's always nice to stop in London for the day and catch up while en route to....?
ScaredOnce is offline   United_States