Thread: $250 Oil Change
View Single Post
      04-15-2011, 07:39 AM   #29
Nelrock
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2011 E92 M3

If I were to pick anything I didnt like about my car...it would be dealing with the oil.

I take it in for 1200 mile service. A week or so later...cant remember what I'm looking for...but I'm bopping through the iDrive menus and I hit the oil menu...and...there's a warning saying that there is too much oil...to take it to a service center.
So I call...explain...they say bring it by.
I bring it by...and it's gone...hour...hour and a half. Finally, guy comes out and says "man...is that thing touchy". I inquire as to why and he proceeds to tell me they removed some...I guess it showed low, cause they added some...then again too high...removed some...etc.
Anyhow...on the ride home...after running a few miles...the indicator is right in the middle. Great I think.
Then the following weekend...I take it on a road trip. After about...oh...400 miles or so...I was curious what my mileage was...so I tap the button on the turn signal. In doing so, I pass the oil level...which...now is sitting right on the "low" line.

I agree with a previous poster...give me a darn dipstick.

2011 E92 M3 | Melbourne Red | Black Novillo w/Carbon Leather Trim | M-DCT | Competition Package | Premium Package 2 | Convenience Package | Enhanced Premium Sound | Heated Front Seats
2004 E46 M3 | Silver Grey | - Retired