NBRider88
I gave her my heart, she gave me crabs
United_States
Rep

Drives: 06' 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
quick google search yielded me this page: http://www.mit.edu/~jfc/right.html
breaks down left lane laws by state. looks to be pretty clear that it's against code to hog the left lane just about everywhere. even shows NJ "Passing on right prohibited unless vehicles are in "substantially continuous lines". 39:4-85." so technically, civic dude caught a break.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
yes it's technically illegal in almost every state. i haven't seen many interstates without the 'left lane for passing only' or 'slower traffic keep right' signs on the side. that's a kind way of saying no camping in the hammer lane. now enforcement is a different story.

semi-related, but i was bored out of my mind last night watching dog the bounty hunter...they were in colorado and got pulled over for camping in the left lane. they were issued a ticket. i almost wet myself i was so happy. not because the real life cartoon family got a ticket, but the cop actually stopped someone for hogging the left lane.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRoboto View Post
If the honda was going the speed limit he has every right to be there. The cop was tailgating which is illegal. Keep right except to pass is not a law.
This says different...depending on which state you are in.