View Single Post
      04-13-2011, 10:32 AM   #31
Brosef
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by E=mc2 View Post
I have 9500 ix and I highly recommend it if you are living in a big city like I do. The first couple months of owning this detector, I can tell you it was going off almost every 10 minutes. Every time I get on turnpike, almost every single shopping mall, gas station, any thing that has an automatic door would set it off. Not to mention, if you live in a state where they utilize red light cameras and speed cameras (NY has a lot of them), you have to have this thing. It has a database that gets updated every week with those locations as well as police hot spots (where cops usually hide). It's fantastic.

V1 is hardcore, but its old, looks ugly, doesn't have half of these features. The only thing it does have is an arrow showing you whether the signal is coming from front or back. But to be honest with you, when I hear that thing going off, I'm slamming on the brakes, I don't give a shit where its coming from and I'm staying under the limit until things are quiet.

I could not be happier seriously, the GPS feature and the memory is simply outstanding.
those features sound great, but the arrows are worth more to me (not to mention, the added protection of having a sensor on the rear of the detector). I also actually really like the look of the V1, and the volume knob that doubles as a power switch is awesome - makes turning on/off and adjust volume a breeze.
Appreciate 0