Originally Posted by skinnycow
* Set steaks out on a clean surface until they reach room temperature throughout, 1–2 hours.
* Preheat oven to 500°.
* Put a cast-iron skillet large enough to fit steaks comfortably into oven and heat for 20 minutes.
* Rub both sides of steaks with a little olive oil and generously season with salt and pepper.
* Add steaks to hot skillet and cook in oven until well browned on bottom, 8 minutes.
* Turn steaks and cook in oven on second side, 5–6 minutes for rare, 7–8 minutes for medium rare.
* Remove steaks from skillet and set aside to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Flip once and done! Like a boss!