04-11-2011, 01:25 AM   #10
aus
Major General
Rep

Drives: Odysse

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatoraviator View Post
JP,
i had the same issue with mine. it actually started the day after i bought it (preowned). anyway, i can't remember exactly what the fix was, but do a search for "engine malfunction/increased emissions." you will find what you need there.
i remember i had a xmas tree of lights on the nav display with errors, what i can remember is: engine malfunction, increased emissions, edc malfunction, and i think one or two more. it all went away after i shut the car off and turned it back on. sometimes it took more than once shutting it off to clear. if i remember correctly, it was a bad idle regulator valve or something like that, but i hope that helps. by the way, it was an easy and quick fix once they got the part in. good luck.

mike
This doesn't sound like the idle control valve. That's an easy fix.

OP, I hope they're giving you a decent loaner. You can talk with BMW about having a month covered if you're financed through them and this continues to drag out. Just hope it's not a bad bearing.
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."