BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: A///MERICAN!!!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post
With QNX at the reins, I see a much more viable and competitive OS on the way from BB. If they try to hold on to their niche, they will probably die. If they open up the platform a bit, at least they have a chance to compete now. BB's only chance is to get away from their roots. If they don't, they're going to die a somewhat slow and very painful death.
My 2c

I'm not sure if they should get away from their roots as much as embrace them and expound upon them. They have always been the more business oriented phone, and from my experiences they are still the best at it. I do see much room for improvement in BBOS but compared to IOS and Android, IMO it is still the best from a pure productivity standpoint. Granted I don't have much extended time on droid but that should be changing soon as I'm going to be using a droid simultaneously with my BB. If people want a phone that's "acceptable" for making calls, emailing, and is very good at websurfing, app running, etc... there are plenty of phones that do this brilliantly...BB will just be another clone in an already populated market. If BB focused on it's business first mentality, expanding the OS to include as seamlessly integrated productive/utility type apps as their calling/emailing/texting is (most of which characterized as such on my iphone were hardly productive), they would maintain their productivity edge, while invariably opening themselves up to "non-critical" functions such as web surfing.