View Single Post
      04-07-2011, 11:31 AM   #9
lm1z
Major

Drives: 2013 Singapore Grey F10 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitekid2002 View Post
Ethics and business don't always mix; and his track record suggests the same. Now i do agree with a lot of what he says but he's not a serious candidate because of his past. What he will do however is stir up debate and expose a lot of the BS that will be flung around by both camps..so i think his involvement will ultimately help things. He wont be afraid to say what the Republican candidates are afraid to say, even though they want to say it.
+1. Exactly. I added my last comment right after you posted this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OdomPHD View Post
"An increase in technological efficiency, an increase in jobs, improved EDUCATION, improved HEALTHCARE, and a more efficient market economy."

PRECISELY. I mean you nailed it on the head. I have no problem with the government spending money on people...I'm not a libertarian exactly, but WHERE you spend it means a lot. Sure, it sounds wonderful to directly invest in education and healthcare (can I smell the stench of vote grabbing? Only the ignorant will fall for that ploy), but when it comes down to the wire it is way more efficient to do exactly what you said: invest in peripheral industries that will HELP foster growth in the other sectors.
Totally agree. It's almost like his campaign for "CHANGE" should have gone into affect after his presidency...haha. Now we REALLY need to re-look at our actions. It sucks because I love the guy. His charm and social skills can really light up a room. But guess what? We voted in a fucking motivational speaker. I can't remember the last time I met a CEO of a successful company that was known as the 'nice guy."

Quote:
Originally Posted by OdomPHD View Post
Obama seems to be under the impression that the government manipulating the economy is cool. But this is NOT a command economy. It's a market economy, and every time he dabbles with it and regulates yet another project (limiting its potential) and requires just one morep ermit for whatever (limiting potential investment money) he hurts the forward progress.

Obama means well, but this term was a term meant for a businessman, not a social hippy. Hippies have their purpose and that is to limit market growth (sometimes its good cause it fights inflation and sees to it that people are treated fairly) but really..? NOW...?
+1. Agree as well.
PAST 2012 Mineral White E92 M3
CURRENT 2013 Singapore Grey F10 M5