View Single Post
      03-24-2011, 06:59 AM   #203
jmflukeiii
Captain

Drives: 2011 Jet Black M3 ZCP Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jive View Post
I'm 23 and recently graduated, I started my career in economic consulting and am making good money for my age (~70k) with absolutely no expenses (live at home, no debt). However it is still hard for me to swallow the cost of even a USED M3. I've been seeing all these threads about kids just finishing college and expecting to buy an M3 out of college, most of them are just not thinking realistically. Spending a large portion of your salary (assuming you find a half-way decent job) on a depreciation asset is just about the worst thing you can do straight out of college.
Very correct. The job market is drastically different than 2007 when coming out college, jobs were everywhere. I graduated with a finance degree in 2008 during the middle of a financial melt-down and ended up working in restaurant. I actually made decent money doing that, but obviously not satisfying. So now I have my own company.

But my sister is now just graduating and my parents keep pushing her to get a job! get a job! deterring her from the more feasible option of a paid internship which is sort of the best many can do right now.
2011.5 E92 M3 Jet Black, DCT, Competition, Premium 2, and Convenience Packages, Black Novillo, Enhanced Premium Sound, 15% Tint, Black Kidneys/Reflectors/Gills/Roundels, DINAN Full Exhaust, DINAN Tune.
2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Black everything.