View Single Post
      03-19-2011, 09:41 AM   #1
birdbrain
Banned
Rep
Drives: bmw

current m3-first timeless m3?

So not sure about you guys but there is only a handful of car companies that I could look back atleast 3 generations of cars and think they still look better than almost anything out there today and do not look dated at all. One that comes to mind is ferrari. Atleast the last 3 generations of the F430, 360 etc have been gems that I would take any day.

I know the e46 in some people's eyes is the most classic look but I do not think many could argue that it does not look dated at this point. Still looks good but dated and in another generation will really look dated.

However the e92 m3 IMO is going to continue to look new, modern and desirable for atleast 2 generations of m3's to come. I think bmw started this with the e60 m5. It was way ahead of its time if you look at what else was out in 04 (when the normal 5 series was released) nothing else looked anything like the e60. Now after the generation is over and the f10 is out, the e60 still looks modern and not at all out of place.

So anyway I think the current m3 is probably bmw's first 3 series that will be a 3 generation worthy car for not only performance but styling/looks.
Appreciate 0