02-23-2011, 09:41 AM   #25
DLSJ5
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F82 M4 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyoshi71 View Post
Sorry to hear about this. It really blows and I hope you get your car up and running soon.
Appreciate that.

Quote:
This ^ doesnt sound right (I'm not calling you out. Just trying to understand better)
No offense taken, but FWIW a stock car has thrown a rod.

Quote:
1) Bearings squeel (if spun) or rattle for just about everything else. They do more than tick before total failure.
Actually they can tick before they fail, or they may not tick at all.

Quote:
2) You would have a noticable temperature increase (good thing for the oil temp gauge)
Never heard of this.

Quote:
3) Was a good degree of oil burned up from the heat of the bad/spun bearing?
I'm not sure, they motor still needs to be torn down to find out more.

Quote:
4) Find out what the color of the broken connecting rod is? (bluish, from the heat?)
I do not remember seeing any bluish color.

Quote:
5) And the car never stalled or anything before the rod blew?
Nope, it ran fantastic.

Quote:
We have forged steel/magnesium connecting rods. I'm not sure they would just snap because of a bearing and I have never seen one seized to a crank.
More inspection needs to be done, but what I posted is what I know so far. Sorry I can't give you any further concrete answers right now.

Quote:
Right, but you also had 11psi and meth injection. The bearing issue really doesnt apply here.
I think it does, ask the experts, 11psi is too much for these motors, and it appears 9psi might be as well.

Quote:
Dont feel so privilaged. That's what they SHOULD do, bro. Not to mention, they know that we all know your car. It's good business for them to make good.
Actually I do, the engine is 25K new! I have had several friends who's motors have blown, some through a rod, most were not so privileged where the tuner took care of all the costs, and I'm talking about some of the most well respected tuners in the world. But I agree it is good business for them, I'm glad they are taking care of me, I am not going to get into whether they should of or not, the fact is they are.

Quote:
Once again, best of luck. (we all want to see more great videos soon with your perfectly positioned side-view window and more importantly...rear-view mirror!)
Haha, thank you, I appreciate the compliments on the vids and glad that you enjoy them!
ESS VT3-750 - 60-130MPH 6.14s - 10.81 @ 135.13 MPH 690WHP/463WTQ
Shift-S3ctor E92 M3 - 1/2 Mile Trap Speed WR - 174.13 MPH
Appreciate 0