04-24-2007, 02:18 PM   #71
paulyd
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by juzef View Post
I've been riled up about getting an M3 for years. I've still got a year and a half to reflect since that's when my lease is up (06 330i). I wonder if I'll go through with it. I know there's other sources of fun in this world. Why am I fixated on getting an M3? Something to ponder about till my lease is up.

Night all,

Joseph
San Diego, #33
I agree completely. I have a few years to go before buying this thing becomes a possibility for me. The fact that I already read this forum to keep up with news clearly demonstrates that I'm riled up as well. haha. I often wonder whether or not I will actually buy this car when the time comes. My parents never spent more than $20k on a car. But there is just something that is so fun about driving a nice car. For me, I think it is the g forces created during hard acceleration or cornering. Its like a roller coaster that you control. I guess you just have to put a price tag on that feeling. Hopefully the MSRP will be justifiable and that the car will deliver the rush you hope it will.

There are alotttt of other things you could do with that amount of money tho...

Back on topic. If DSG diminishes the amount of fun, then following this logic, it would defeat the purpose of buying the car in the first place. You'd end up spending all that money for a car that does not deliver the fun you hoped for. Then you will regret your purchase. I will reserve judgment until I test drive both.

I personally don't care which is 0.2 sec faster, MT or DSG. I will pick the one that is the most fun to drive. If the DSG's 0.2 sec advantage causes it to be more fun, then it will be DSG. If not, manual for me.
Appreciate 0