View Single Post
      02-17-2011, 09:21 AM   #112
Evolved M3
Private First Class

Drives: 2008 E92 M3 6MT

Quick question. I should be getting my M3 soon. First performance mod i was gonna do is exhaust but it seems just an axle back has minimal performance gains. So i was gonna do an x-pipe with HFC first. I know you said Megan's x-pipe is a cat delete, any word on how many resonators it has?

Also im looking for a system that's not overly loud as my car now is super loud and im looking for more of tamed sound but also would like to get the most usable power. My plans is to get the megan x pipe (guessing it has 4 resonators) and add 2 HFC to them. Im fairly new to the E92 M3, but from seeing pictures it seems that most aftermarket x-pipes that have 4 resonators, you still have room to weld in HFC's. Is this correct? In other words the 4 resonators on aftermarket x-pipes aren't where the factory cats would be placed?

edit: now im thinking this will not have 4 resonators...just seems that every other x-pipe is way too overpriced for what it is, i'll prob just buy this and modify it to the sound im looking for.

Last edited by Evolved M3; 02-17-2011 at 10:31 AM.