Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2010 JzB E92 M3

Garage List
2010 BMW M3  [4.33]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobsM3Coupe View Post
Just an update to this old post. I installed the LCI lights on my 2010 car last June. I then took the ride down to see Tom at EAS to code the lights to the car. They worked great until I took my car in for the annual low mileage service last week. After the dealer did the latest software update to my car (DCT), the car now shows a right and left brake light malfunction. The lights also flicker when the ignition is turned on. Yet the turn signals still work at the normal flash rate. Before coding by Tom, the LCI lights would make the turn signals flash real fast.

So after showing the service manager the problem, he had the tech try to solve it, but now they have to order a new footwell module (FRM). According to Tom at EAS, my car already had the FRM3 so who knows what happened.

So now I'll have to see what the result is after they install the new FRM3 and program it to the car. I hope it solves the flickering and malfunction warning otherwise I guess I'll be making the long trip to EAS and back.

Tom at EAS has been great. He said he will just code the lights again if needed.
hmmmm... interesting