i just did this MOD and damn it was so easy....
here are the things you need
1. quick dry matte black paint
2. 400 grit sandpaper (sand it until its dull, get all the chrome out)
3. 3M green tape to cover the ///M logo (no need to take them out)
4. Cover the ///M logo with the 3M tape
5. exacto knife (cut the 3M tape so it will cover the ///M sticker)
6. Hang the side gills or put them on the ground but before putting them on the ground make sure your in a secluded area so dust particles wont stick on what your painting.
7. start painting from right to left and left to right apply a 1st coat of paint and let it dry then this the same thing until its good amount of paint make sure not to paint it too much cause you might have a run...
8. let it dry
this took me 30 minutes as i have a quick easy dry paint so from removing to install just took me that quick....
TOTAL COST $15 bucks...
WORTH IT? heck yea
ill post photo once i get home