View Single Post
      02-08-2011, 05:14 PM   #11
ben@tirerack
M3Post Supporting Vendor

Drives: 740i

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky View Post
Thanks Ben.

Yup im based in the UK (good spot) - but we dont tend to have as many exit ramps that corner in the same way as the US so its mostly balanced in terms of cornering left or right (with the exception of roundabouts where its always a right turn).

Good news is the car was looked at by my local dealer today and the M diff needs replacing, it has excessive looseness on one side and is leaking fluid and will be replaced under warranty - thats the good news as the diff itself is priced at nearly $4K over here as a part.

The dealership has said unfortunately I have no chance of getting them to contribute towards the cost of replacing tyres

Anyone else had to have the M diff replaced under warranty?

Cheers

Tricky
Nice that you got it replaced under warranty. The tire was the canary in the coal mine in this case. Next time I hear of someone with wear on one rear tire, this will be a good example to remember. Thanks for sharing the conclusion to the story.

To credit the forum, click through one of the banners in my signature and the top of the page, or call me direct at 877.522.8473 ext 660.
Email:ben@tirerack.com