Originally Posted by Bart@AUTOcouture
Does the car actually run? Last I read about it was that it was just swapped in, but had to be trailer'd because it was non-working
It definitely drives, and very well too.
I spoke to the person responsible for the software remapping on Saturday, and was told some of the specifications:
- engine is the V8 biturbo engine from the X5M / X6M;
- transmission is also from the same car as no other gearbox can take the torque;
- with an upgraded manifold they're able to bring the power to 750hp / 1000 Nm torque;
- in the dry and with proper wheels traction is not too much of an issue;
- the kit to swap this engine into a normal M3 costs around 40.000 EUR.