Originally Posted by dibxna
was referring to only launching in launch control mode the way the manual says. you can launch any way you want if youre not using launch control... figured common sense would take over here but i apologize if it didnt appear that way.
you are correct - s6 mode - apologize for the oversight
steps direct from the manual:
1. press brake while engine is running
2. deactivate dsc
3. select drivelogic 6
4. w/ vehicle stationary press selector lever forward and hold. flag symbol appears.
5. press accelerator down all the way - engine speed is controlled (thus my statement of not shifting on your own)
a. use the same lever to change drive-off speed by 100 rpm increments up to 500rpms
6. this whole time you will have still been holding selector lever forward and now will depress accelerator all the way down.
7. release lever and car accelerates under launch control.
i didnt realize i was putting paddles in the mix - apologies on this as paddle versus lever could make things a bit difficult to accomplish launch control properly
for the online manual visit the link already previously provided here: http://www.bmwusa.com/Standard/Content/Owner/dgh.aspx
select year and make and search for 'launch control' for step by steps with a couple diagrams to help out.
thanks for catching the mistakes for me mkoesel - not really an area you want to goof up or it could lead to problems for the car.
oh man, this is soo complicated...by the time u did all this, youve already gotten smoked by ur competition and left in the dust....couldnt they just make it easier? like push 1 button and step gas to floor...done