aajami
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Space Gray '09 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznclickster View Post
How do you like your current exhaust setup? Debating on eisenmann or akro setup
I generally like the exhaust, but do have some reservations about it. I like the tip size, but am not a fan of the tip shapes. I like the minor increase in overall volume below 3,500 RPM, but am not a fan of the major increase in bass. This exhaust is very bassy at cruising speeds, and it overpowers the very interesting characteristics of the S65 motor. The Sport also drones a little between 2,900 and 3,300 RPM, and it has no weight savings over the OEM exhaust, though the canisters look a lot better than what comes on the car from the factory.

I'm strongly considering the BMW Performance when that comes out next month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OC ///M View Post
Got it. The pic showing the LCI tail coding threw me for a sec.

You did such a thorough job on the conversion I figured you also had this done somehow.

Is the edc system controlled or run through the DME? If so, maybe you could eventually swap yours with one from a "junked" '11?
Believe me, I would have retrofitted the EDC and MDM if I could have I'm not sure how feasible swapping out internals with a MY11+ is, though to be honest, I don't feel like I'm missing either of the software updates. The suspension/EDC pairing is identical to JDM and Edition M3s, and I keep traction control off on the car at all times.

Judging by your sig, you've been busy with your car. How do you like the upgrades? We still need to find a time to compare rides.
Mods: M Performance exhaust | ZCP retrofit | Euro airbox | GTS DCT flash | 240J ECU flash | LCI Euro taillights | CRT lip | OEM alarm retrofit | Space Gray bumper plugs | BMW Performance: Mk. II spoiler / Mk. II non-electronic steering wheel / mirror caps / front grilles / side gills / intake louvers / emblem