View Single Post
      10-17-2010, 09:58 PM   #12
dvpouldar26
Major

Drives: 2008 e92 328i, Porsche 987.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by E92_SID View Post
What is a "money shift"?...... GET THE 6MT! I had never driven a MT before I drove mine home from the lot. I stalled it probably 7 times on the way home from the dealer. I was a pro by the third day! The only way to get better is to practice often. I even race my car now with the BMWCCA. I have my new M3 on order and I definitely got the 6mt. It makes it a real drivers car where as the DCT makes it a real race car IMO. Even when I have to shift it traffic I still never regret getting the 6mt. No offense to the DCT guys, but I just think it feels too much like automatic to really enjoy the car. Bottom line, if you want the fastest car then get the DCT with CF roof. If you want a drivers car for enjoyment then get the 6mt and sunroof.

A money shift is when instead of doing a 3-4 shift when driving and shifting aggressively, you do a 3-2 shift. Under WOT, youll redline, go into limp, burn a whole lot of oil, and probably bend some valves etc. It is called a money shift because it is not warrantied by the dealer and will cost a whole lot of money.

If you're careful. practice shifting and know what youre doing before going out and driving that aggressively, you'll be fine. The few that I know that beat on their cars like know other and have 6mt never had a problem, because of experience. Just be careful and diligent in what youre doing.
Jet Black / Gloss Black Grilles / 8000k D1S low beam / 6000k HID fogs / GP Thunder 8500k angels & cornering bulbs / black reflectors / gloss black vinyled window trim / tints / smoked rear turn signals / black roundels / AC Schnitzer roof spoiler / VRS style decklid spoiler / Matte black Stripes / Rear fogs / matte mirrors / 19" LM reps / APR lip