View Single Post
      10-02-2010, 11:58 PM   #25
SfValley335i
Colonel

Drives: Current:135i Sold:335i sedan

Send a message via AIM to SfValley335i
So I got an email address of some Rabbi and sent him an email below is what he said but he hasnt replied back again

Quote:
Hello Rabbi,

I received your email address from a friend which said you gave a speech in his class room recently. I have a question you should be able to answer. I've seen several other rabbis denouncing the creation of Israel and stating that the Torah forbids it. Below is a link to a Youtube video showing a group of rabbis in a protest.

"According to the Torah, Jews are in exile and forbidden to have own state" - Rabbi (Youtube video 2:49)

Is what these rabbis say true? If so, why is there an Israeli state? If false, why would a rabbi lie about such text in the torah?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,
XXXX

Quote:
Dear Mr. XXXX,

The rabbis you mention are a very small and very fringe group. They number a couple of dozen, at the most. Their view is rejected by virtually all of the world Jewish communities. Because of Youtube and other such media, they get far more publicity than they deserve.
I donít think they are lying, but very misguided.

All the best,
Rabbi Shevitz

Quote:
Rabbi Shevitz,

I appreciate you taking the time to reply to my questions promptly. Are you agreeing with them when the rabbis say the Torah states Jews are forbidden to their own state? You mentioned that this group of rabbis number a couple dozen, but I just came across a website that shows substantially more members just in New York city.

http://www.nkusa.org/activities/Demo...s/20100517.cfm

Thanks,
XXXX

Last edited by SfValley335i; 10-03-2010 at 10:31 PM.
SfValley335i is offline   Afghanistan