View Single Post
      03-25-2007, 07:44 AM   #99
CoralRedPlz
restless

Drives: Space Grey, Coral Red 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by uhaulball View Post
exige?

this 335i vs m3 is ridiculous. bottom line, get the best you can afford. if you're gonna bitch about how a "modded" 335 will outrun the m3, you're obviously not in the financial position to be considering an m3. its not a big deal, m3 was not a common man's car. while you are justifying your 335 purchase to yourself and others, someone can say they modified a civic that can run circles around your 335. its not like a 335 was a bang-for-your-buck car in the first place. bmw's are not meant to be bang for your buck, hence the moniker of luxury sports sedan/coupe. so please, the group trying to convince everyone that the m3 is not a "value-wise" purchase, you really are not convincing a single person, you are just getting others who already are in the confused state of mind to agree with you. a bmw was never a "value-wise" purchase. the m3 is no different.

your arguement hinges on the fact that many people are getting the 335i bc they cant afford the M3. this just isnt true. i could super easily afford an M3 or a more expensive car, but i decided that the 335 w procede is plenty of car for someone in my position who doesnt really plan on seriously tracking my car. a few extra horses and a CF roof are great, but unless a loaded M3 comes out at under say, $62k, its overpriced and not worth it to me.

im sure it will be a phenomenal car, but for a similar price premium (about 16-23k more than a 335i most likely when loaded out), i would rather jump up a similar or lesser amount once more and get an M5.